Sunday, January 1, 2012

Chanel's 2012 Spring Collection: April, May and June

 I took a small break during the month of December, but I'm baaaaack! I thought I would start off the year with Chanel's 2012 Spring Collection. Last year I think I bit off more than I could chew by attempting to go through so many untrieds during such a busy time, but my goal is to pick up where I left off and continue getting as many collections and untrieds posted. Swatching and taking pics is way more difficult than it seems, and I don't think people appreciate the work it takes until you do it yourself. I have become a lot of more comfortable now during the whole swatching and photography and was actually in a sort of groove, but I now have a new camera that I I'm still learning how to use. So, you will still see posts done with my old Sony Cybershot.

 It was necessary to use my dslr for this particular collection because my Sony refused to take color accurate pictures. The pictures are a bit crappy, but don't worry, I'm working on it.

 Ok, so on to the actual polishes. I was a bit bummed with the application on these. I don't have a lot of experience with Chanel, but I do expect the formula to be awesome when the polish is $25 a bottle. All three polishes kept wanting to bubble on me, so I had to be extra careful with application to avoid having them show up. June, however, was the worst. I had to wait for each layer to completely dry, otherwise the bubbles would peek through the layers. The neat thing about these polishes is the finish. All three have a jelly-creme look, so they look like cremes but have a slight squishy look to them.


April was the reason why I needed this collection, since it is my birth month. Silly, I know! This one had the best pigmentation and only needed two coats to be opaque and also had the least amount of bubbling. I thought this one would be my favorite color out of all them, but it was actually my second favorite. It's a really beautiful burgundy color, but brighter which is very spring-like. 

May is a bright yet dusty pink. Also had bubbling and it took three coats to get nice coverage. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's now one of my favorite pinks.

June was my absolute favorite out of all three polishes. I am so happy I didn't skip on this one because I almost did! I'm not a big fan of orange polishes unless it's Halloween, but OMG this color is just amazing. Ok, so it's not exactly orange per say. It's more of a bright peachy color. The only bad thing was the formula! It was a major streakfest so I had to use four coats to get nice coverage. It was also time consuming since I had to wait for each layer to completely dry. -_-


 I can't say I regret buying these polishes, despite the troubles I had with the polishes. The colors aren't the most unique and can easily be duped, but what makes these polishes special to me is the finish. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. These colors are really gorgeous! One of my resolutions for this upcoming year is to refrain from buying polishes until I use all my untrieds haha. Happy new year, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried so many times to go on no buys and no luck. I'm just too weak, but sooo awesome if you are able to go through it! You can be my role model! Happy New Year's to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. I would love to hear your opinions. Good OR bad!