Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Stairway to Heaven

  I think, no I know that I have been amassing more polishes than I have time to swatch or wear, but it's so difficult to refrain from buying polishes with so many collections coming out. Especially when they are marked as limited edition. I have decided to give up on trying to go on no buys, low buys etc., and just buy what I want when I want. I'm sure one day my addiction will diminish and I'll then be able to enjoy my polishes a bit more. However, if it wasn't for my addiction and my random hauls I wouldn't have so many pretties to look at, or wear. Stairway to Heaven was part of a retail therapy haul I did a few months back, but hadn't gotten around to wearing it. I was curious to see how it would look over a few colors, so I swatched it over three different polishes.

This is Stairway to Heaven on it's own. I used three coats and I wouldn't ever actually wear it like this because you can see a yellow tinge at the tips where my nails are stained. I also don't really like the look of random glitter without a base color. What is really unique about this polish is that it also has square glitter in addition to the hexagonal iridescent glitter in a milky base.



Here is one coat of Stairway to Heaven with a topcoat of Seche Vite over Waking Up In Vegas.


Also one coat of Stairway to Heaven with a coat of Seche Vite over Naked.

This was my favorite combination. I used one coat of Stairway to Heaven over two coats of Edge of Glory base color with a coat of Seche Vite on top. I was a bit iffy to try Stairway to Heaven over a darker color because I was scared that the milky base would mess with the integrity of the base color. My initial thoughts were right, but it actually wasn't too bad and I loved the combo the more I looked at it. I liked how the dark polish brought out all the different colors in the iridescent glitter a lot more than a neutral polish did.


 The next time I try out this polish will be with a shimmery, midnight blue polish, because I think it would be nice to see all these colors mixed in with a shimmery base. I believe this polish was $18.00 and is still available at http://lippmanncollection.stores.yahoo.net/allproducts.html. I would suggest you sign up for her newsletter on her website, because she does offer deals and specials quite often. They are not all awesome deals, but they are decent and she even offers free full size bottles of polish from time to time with purchase. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Interesting... it reminds me of the inside of a seashell. It's looks really soft by itself. This might be amazing with dark purple and then mattified?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenni Lee Awesome suggestion! I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. I would love to hear your opinions. Good OR bad!