Monday, December 5, 2011

China Glaze Holiday 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice 2010 Part 2

 Second week of December and only 21 days left until Christmas is here. It's all going by so fast. What's crazier is that stores are already getting prepared for spring! Seriously. Can we get through winter first? I was going to pick up some boots for my daughter, but there were no boots to be found! There were tons of sandals, though. People are so silly. I actually saw people buying sandals, but I don't blame them. I'm sure once spring gets here, we will be gearing up for fall.

 This is two coats of Sugar Plums with top coat. Sugar Plums is a burgundy shimmer with holographic glitter.

I love this color, it's perfect for the holidays.

I used three coats for Mistletoe Kisses. This one was a lot more opaque than Mrs. Claus, but same idea. It's a green jelly with green and silver glitter.

The glitters on their own are great, but I think they would look even better layered.

This is Phat Santa. It looks almost like Ruby Deer, except it's a tad darker. Same jelly weirdness going on though. The first coat is sheer, but then it goes opaque by the second coat.

Since this one is a darker than Ruby Deer, you can't see any vnl.

Little Drummer is one of my favorites from this collection. It is a navy blue shimmer, but the shimmer is visible even in low lighting. I love that I don't have to wait to be under light to see the awesomeness of this polish. I used two coats here.

The shimmer is definitely more visible in brighter lighting, almost glowy.

Midnight Kiss is a gold foil. I used three coats since it applied a bit streaky, I had to do a third coat to smooth things out. I have other gold foils, but I love this one because it's not as yellow as other gold foils. It's a very soft and subtle shade of gold.

Super sparkly!

This is Snow. It's a basic white creme, but not a very good one. I used four coats for this swatch. I had a hard time getting good coverage with this one.

 That's it for 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice swatches. I know it's been done probably a hundred times now, but I am doing it because I want to get as many holiday themed polishes swatched as possible by Christmas. It's just a little challenge I am doing, since I know I will never be able to wear them all. At least I can look at them on my blog and see how pretty they are. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh little drummer is my favorite too! Hmm I think I had mistletoe kisses at one point, but I'm sure I handed it off to my green lovin` lito cuzzo haha (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noes you need another Mistletoe Kisses! Well, you know if you really like it. This is actually my first time wearing most of these polishes. I'm such a nail polish hoarder.

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. I would love to hear your opinions. Good OR bad!