Friday, December 9, 2011

OPI Holiday Wishes 2009: Shim-Merry Chic, Holiday Glow and Sapphire in the Snow

 OPI brought out a great holiday collection in 2009, and I'm so sad I missed out since I wasn't into collecting nail polish at that time. I have only been able to acquire three of them so far, but I'm glad to at least have these in my collection. I found Shim-Merry Chic and Holiday Glow at aveyou.com for 8.50 each, but I have no idea if they are still available there. I think Sapphire in the Snow was 7.00, but I found it on a blog sale.

Shim-Merry Chic has flakes and holographic glitter in a light brown base. It's a bit similar to Sephora-212, but this is lighter and the holographic glitter is smaller. I used three coats to get full coverage.


Holiday Glow seriously glows with all the gold microglitter it has. The base is a shimmery almost chocolate brown color. I really, really loved this one. I used three coats with a coat of topcoat to bring out the glitter.


Sapphire in the Snow is almost as multi-faceted as a gem can be. Sometimes you see this color and it's a dusty navy blue and other times it comes off as a dusty dark purple. I have heard this is similar to OPI Roadhouse Blues, but I haven't compared them. I used two coats on the swatches below.


 There a few more polishes I want from this collection, but I doubt I'll ever find them as cheap as I found these three. Merry Midnight alone goes for over $20 on blogsales. Oh well, like I said I am happy to at least have these in my collection. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. ahhh i hate looking back on all the polishes i missed out on cause i wasn't into nail polish at the time D:
    you picked up really nice colors! love the flakies in the first one, and the last one sounds really cool with the blue/purpleness going on (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I know.. I kick myself ALL the times for skipping out on tons of polishes I could have easily bought but didn't. The ones I didn't know about oh well, it's sad but I just avoid swatches lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shower Taps are one of the necessary things needed in a home. All bathrooms must have LED taps; there is no bath space without them. These Antique Basin Taps help to control the free out flow of water, and even do much more these days.

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. I would love to hear your opinions. Good OR bad!