Wednesday, December 14, 2011

China Glaze Eye Candy Collection

 It seems like every single nail polish company has jumped on the glitter bandwagon for this holiday season, and I'm not complaining. I love that most of them have used bar glitters, but I could do without so many hex polishes. Do we really need so many red and silver hex polishes? Although, if you really want a red hex then skip all the others and just buy Love Marilyn. Moving on, I haven't yet tried out Wet n' Wild Ice Baby polishes, but I loved that almost all of these polishes provided full coverage in three coats.

This is Blonde Bombshell which has gold microglitter, small hex glitter and gold bars as well. It must be the holidays getting to me, but I am loving all these awesome gold glitter polishes. Even more awesome is that this one has bar glitter!


Lorelai's Tiara I really wanted just for the name. I am a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan and miss that show so much. I know, I know this has nothing to do with Gilmore Girls, but I always think of Gilmore Girls whenever I see the name Lorelai. This is a silver microglitter polish with small blue hex glitters.


Ahhh... this one I LOVE. Material girl has dusty mauve microglitter with dusty mauve HOLO hex glitters. I love, love that they are holo. This polish definitely has personality. It's shy and quiet, yet at the right angle... POW! Holo glitter all over the place.


Marry A Millionaire... yea I wish! This polish was as tricky to work with as it is to catch a millionaire! I thought this was going to be my favorite of the bunch, but it was hard to get even coverage with the dense bar glitter. I think this polish looks way better layered.


Some Like it Haute is one that we have seen over and over again, just like the red hex polishes. It's charcoal microglitter with small, silver holo glitter. The polish itself is awesome, but I hate that it has so many dupes.


Love Marilyn is the red hex glitter I have been talking about. Now, there are different variations to this polish but they all have the same idea. This one has red microglitter with small, silver hex glitter. It was the only one that needed four coats to get full coverage. Not bad, considering it's OPI counterpart is only good for layering.


 Overall, I loved the collection. The only thing that bothers me in the end is the removal process, but thank goodness for the foil method. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. I totally skipped out on most of them, but material girl looks like a really great color! Woww you're totally on top of all your swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. I would love to hear your opinions. Good OR bad!