Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mommy & Me Nails: Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Prep's Cool

 Sally Hansen Salon Effects can be a bit pricey, but if you use them wisely you can get two uses out of them making it much more cost effective. It would still come out $5 a mani if you buy them at $9.99, but a lot cheaper than if you went to a salon to get designs on your nails. Lol I am totally enabling you guys to go buy them because I love them so much. Especially, the new limited edition designs that they have been coming out with. Prep's Cool is one of five designs that Sally Hansen came out with for this holiday season. 

I hadn't planned on doing my daughter's nails when I first started adhering the strips, but when I saw how much I had left over I thought it would be neat to use them on her. I used an extra pinky strip and an extra thumb strip to cut of small pieces to fit her nails. I was able to use only eight strips for all my nails AND my daughter's nails.

I used two coats of Seche Vite to keep them down since they tend to peel at the edges.


No topcoat on my daughter's nails though. She took them off within five minutes after I took the pictures. She loves having her nails done, but can't stand anything on them for too long.

 I loved the way my daughter's nails turned out, even if she only left them on for about ten minutes. I will be doing it again because it's a great way to use all the extra strips that are left over.  ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. I would love to hear your opinions. Good OR bad!