Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Orly Matte Vinyl

 Matte polishes aren't a finish that I have a lot of experience with, and that's mostly because the application can be a bit tricky. I love that they are fast drying polishes and they are a great way to do a quick mani if you don't have much time on your hands. The thing I don't like is that the application has to be done carefully to avoid globs. There have been some great tips put out there on blogs as far as what is the best way to apply matte polishes and while I think they are ingenious, I really don't want to waste that much time on a manicure. I want to be able to apply my polish as I normally do without the extra hassle of applying top coats in between layers of the polish. So, that being said, my best tip to you is that you just have to be patient with matte polishes. Allow each coat to dry a minute or two and when applying additional coats you will need to do so with a light hand. This will prevent any dragging and if you see a few spots that have more polish than others, don't fret, these polishes will level out and those spots will dissipate as the polish dries.

 The reccomendation seems to be that no base coat is needed, but I went ahead and did a coat of gelous before applying the polish and I followed with three coats of Matte Vinyl. This is in the shade.

In direct sunlight.

This one I added just for fun and this not the actual color of the polish. I just thought it looked pretty darn cool in this lighting.

 This is not a polish that can only be worn for Halloween or in October, but it is a great choice. It sort of has that spooky look to it, and you could always mattify any regular black polish if you don't have a matte black polish. 

2 comments:

  1. Whoaaa the matte finish makes this color super cool! It almost looks greenish in the first and 3rd pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does! I think I'm late to the matte party but I think this is the one of the best finishes on np.

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. I would love to hear your opinions. Good OR bad!