Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Getting abstract with ghosts!

 Another super easy nail art design! Like I said before, easy nail art is my favorite kind of nail art nowadays. I didn't want to spend too much time, so I decided to do an abstract dry water marbling. Dry water marbling is achieved by placing drops of nail polish onto your nail and creating lines or swirls with a dotting tool, toothpick, needle etc. In this instance, I wasn't going for any particular design, I just wanted to achieve an "abstract look". I did the dry water marbling on all my fingers except the index finger. I used a dotting tool to create the eyes and mouth of the ghost with Sally Hansen's Black Out and White On as the background.  The other fingers were done by using Sally Hansen Sunkissed, White On and Black Out as the background.




 This was the first time that I tried the dry water marbling technique and it was a lot cleaner than the wet water marbling. I have seen some really neat designs with dry water marbling, so maybe I'll give it another go. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Your ghost is so cute! How's the consistency of White On? I can't believe it, but I'm already halfway through my Wet n Wild French Creme! It's really great for my designs, but I despise the brush because I have a hard time getting a nice round shape around my cuticles with it .__. Dry water marbling sounds interesting (: I think I've seen it at a couple of salons before, although I didn't know that was what it was called! Look forward to seeing more of yours :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. White On is actually a bit streaky but I like to use it for nail art. I'll have to try French Creme because I tried Black Creme and it is just an amazing black! You could try decanting it into another bottle?

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. I would love to hear your opinions. Good OR bad!