Monday, August 15, 2011

My take on Deborah Lippmann's Forget You

 I love the concept of creating your own lacquers by mixing and blending in other lacquers. This process is known as frankening. When I first saw Forget You, I knew I had to have it. The only issue? It was out of my price range at the time.

 I couldn't stop thinking about Forget You, so in the middle of the night, I woke up and started my first franken. I used a mixture of Ulta's Pinata Yada-Yada, Wet n' Wild Party of Five Glitters and Milani Gems with Wet n' Wild Ebony Hates Chris as a tint..

Here's a shade pic and I think I should have only used Ulta's Pinata Yada- Yada instead of a mixture. It looks almost green, but that could also be the black polish I used as a tint.

Sun pic. I like the way it looks in the sun so much better, but still those big glitters throw it off for me. 

 This is the first time I have attempted frankening and overall I was ok with it. However, I don't think I'm going to be trying it again anytime soon, though. It wasn't enough to kill my lemming for Forget You, so I will just have to put it on my Christmas list!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. I would love to hear your opinions. Good OR bad!